SMITH ∙ ROSE ∙ FINLEY handle title situations involving real estate in Texas by providing legal services.

Property Law and Real Estate Legal Services:

  • Title examinations and title opinions with advice as to ownership of land and encumbrances against land
  • Title examinations for title insurance companies
  • Examination of mineral titles for oil and gas transactions
  • Land title litigation representation
  • Preparation of documents for transfers of title to Texas land

We examine title to land in Texas either from Abstracts of Title or from actual records in the County and State offices where title documents are recorded, and we issue title opinions concerning our findings. In addition, we examine titles to lands for title insurance policies issued by title insurance companies.

We are approved examining attorneys for:

  • Landamerica Lawyers Title Insurance Company
  • Chicago Title Insurance Company
  • Stewart Title Insurance Company
  • United General Title Insurance Company
  • First American Title Insurance Company
  • Alamo Title Insurance Company

Our property law attorneys also furnish representation in land title litigation, including the Texas statutory trespass to try title action, condemnation cases and partition suits to divide lands owned in undivided interests, adverse possession and boundary disputes.

Our law firm also prepares leases of real property, including leases of commercial property, rural and urban. Ourproperty law lawyers prepare dedications and restrictions for subdivisions of real property, residential and commercial, as we have represented real estate developers of the major subdivisions of the City of San Angelo, Texas, drafting all documents necessary including easements for utilities and reciprocal easements for shopping centers.

We have good working relationships with the officials of the City of San Angelo, Texas, including the City Planning Department, City Attorney’s office, and County Officers in our geographical area of practice.

Please call us at (325) 653-6721 for more information or submit a case for a consultation.